Sunday, June 21, 2009 Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pizza Boys






Pizza is a long time favorite of my boy's. I am not too crazy about this food so I don't make them very often. I usually buy pizza in a box at the grocery stores or take-out. Hubby was craving for homemade pizza today so I decided to make one. I used this wonderful and easy to follow bread machine pizza dough but I tweaked the recipe a little.

I have left over barbecue chicken from yesterday and three slices of bacons this morning. I used them for my toppings.You can put almost anything for your toppings so if you have any left-over’s meats in the fridge then go ahead use them. Believe me! this pizza is delicious and it's one of the best pizzas you will ever have.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


PIZZA


Dough

Ingredients:

1 packet dry active yeast ((PROOF YEAST- in a bowl, add 1 teaspoon sugar to ¼ cup warm water (100° to 110°F).
Sprinkle yeast; let stand for 10 minutes until it foams).
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup water, plus
2 tablespoons water


Preparation:

1. In a Bread Machine pan. Always place all the wet ingredients first, followed by dry ingredients and then yeast.
2. Place the BM pan back to the BM maker, then select the dough cycle in the menu and press start!
3. When the dough cycle is complete (it took me at least 1 hour and 30 minutes), take the dough out of the machine and place in well greased bowl,
and roll the dough around (in the bowl) thus’ coating' it in oil.
4. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place (inside the oven with light on) for about 30 minutes.
5. Knead the risen dough gently.

To shape and bake:

6. Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
7. Place the dough on well greased baking tray or pizza pan (I used my 12 inches round stone pizza pan-).
8. Roll the dough into a circle.
9. Bake the prepared pizza dough for about 10 minutes.


While your pizza dough is baking prepare your toppings. I used Del Monte Traditional spaghetti sauce. I like
the taste of it better than the regular pizza sauce. The kid's don't like vegetables and pineapples so I left half of
the pizza with none of it.


Topping Ingredients:

1 cup spaghetti sauce
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 barbecue chicken breast, cut into cubes
3 fried bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup sandwich ham, cut into cubes
1/4 cup green pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced (I used Vidalia)
1/8 cup tomato, chopped
1/4 cup pineapple chunk


Preparation:


1. After baking pizza dough for 10 minutes.
2. Place all the above ingredients in order I have listed.
3. Turn the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
4. Bake Pizza for another 10 to 15 minutes or until all side is golden brown.

ENJOY!






1 comments:

Gorgeous MUM Says:
June 23, 2009 at 5:19 PM

My, my, my! You're so good! Wish I could have your cooking skills!