Friday, August 06, 2010 Friday, August 06, 2010

SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE

sweet potato


I learned to make this recipe from my mother -in-law. Back in the Philippines, I only knew few recipes using sweet potato (boil, fry and grill). I am not a big fan of sweet potatoes until I have tried this one. It’s very simple and I am sure everyone in the family will enjoy this treat. You can only find this sweet especially during the holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. And of course, you can always make this one anytime you crave for some tubers.


SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE

Ingredients

2-3 medium sized sweet potatoes (boiled or baked)
½ tsp. salt
1 can (8 oz.) evaporated milk
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 stick butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Toppings

½ cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecan nuts (or any nuts)
Marshmallows


Preparation

1. Boiled potatoes. Mash when cooked.
2. In mixing bowl. Add mashed potatoes, salt, milk, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Stir until combined.
3. Pour into a greased baking dish.
4. Cover with topping.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes. Enjoy!

3 Comments On "SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE"

Vera Says:
August 12, 2010 at 3:23 AM

I don't think I've ever tried sweet potato souffle before. What is it like? I mean if you can compare it to another dessert, what would it be?

Mommy Lutchi Says:
August 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM

it's a dessert and really good Vera,you should try it sometimes.

August 20, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Your food photography is so great!

I really like your site...

Take Care ~
TR Hughes
www.GuideToLifeForWomen.com