Monday, May 18, 2009 Monday, May 18, 2009

Banana Cupcakes




I have three very ripe left-over bananas lying on top of kitchen counter the other day. I don’t want it to get wasted so I decided to make a banana cupcake. I always use the simplest recipe banana cake before but I found this new recipe Real Mom Kitchen. The cupcake is very easy to make and so delicious too. I did not make any icing because I was running out of cream cheese and confectioner sugar. I omitted the nutmeg too.



Banana Cupcakes


Ingredients:


2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (I used 3 medium bananas)


In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Using a mixer, beat the eggs, sour cream, butter and bananas; slowly add the dry ingredients and blend just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes.

Yield: 12 cupcakes

0 Comments On "Banana Cupcakes"