Monday, May 18, 2009 Monday, May 18, 2009

Ubeng Halaya


I made this ubeng halaya last two weeks ago using the frozen ube in a bag that you can buy in any Asian stores. I made it mainly for toppings and stuffing.

Ube Halaya

Ingredients:
2 (14 oz. frozen ube, thawed)
Drops of purple food coloring (optional)
¼ cup butter
1 can (14 oz.) evaporated milk
1 can (12 oz.) condensed milk
1 to 2 cups white sugar (or desired taste)


All I did was mixed all the ingredients and cook to medium heat, stirring constantly until thicken and cook. I can’t really tell you exactly the time of cooking because I left the kitchen while it still cooking and forgot that I was cooking something “bad me”. I canned the ube halaya for long shelf life using a pint canning jar then boiled to boiling water for around an hour.

I will be using the ube for hopia, buchi and other goodies.


Yield: 3 jars (500 ml/jar)

0 Comments On "Ubeng Halaya"