Friday, July 17, 2009 Friday, July 17, 2009

Palitaw



Palitaw is supposed to be flat but I made mind round. I don’t know how to call this one, I guess still palitaw because I used the same ingredients and prepared it in the same way. This Filipino snack is one of my favorites,it reminds me of my childhood. Hubby and my eldest son are not too crazy about this snack for some reasons. I’m glad my youngest son found it interesting and yummy.


Palitaw

Ingredients:

1 cup sweet rice flour (I preferred Mochiko)
½ cup or less water
½ coconut flakes
½ cup white sugar
1/8 cup sesame seeds


Preparation

1. Boil water in a medium pot.
2. Make dough by mixing flour and water (spoon water slowly- it the easiest way to create a smooth dough. Try not to make a mushy, sticky or too dry dough).
3. Make the balls (1 inch in diameter).
4. Drop balls one by one into the boiling water (try to leave enough space for each ball so it don’t stick together).
5. The Palitaw is cook once they come up or float to the surface.
6. Scoop them out.
7. Roll each ball into the coconut flakes.
8. Skew them if you wish (like mine).
8. Sprinkle with sugar and sesame seeds before eating.

Enjoy!

2 Comments On "Palitaw"

Unknown Says:
July 21, 2009 at 11:35 PM

yummy, I love eating palitaw :)

irel Says:
August 7, 2009 at 10:41 AM

wahhh missed eating this one...