Sunday, June 07, 2009 Sunday, June 07, 2009

Wheat Oatmeal Cookies

The kid’s and hubby were craving for some oatmeal cookies the other day. I was not really in the mood of baking but they were pretty annoying so I gave in ‘wink’. The oatmeal recipe that I used was taken from here. I made some changes to my liking for some reasons (out of all purpose flour and raisins).

If you like your oatmeal cookies to be crunchy and crispy then this is not for you. My oatmeal is kind a chewy and soft just the way I like it. So if you’re ready for some baking then here is the recipe.



Wheat Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
3 c. old fashioned oatmeal
2 large eggs
3/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla extract
14 T (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
2 T vegetable oil
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon


Preparation

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare greased pan.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a medium bowl.
3. Beat eggs, salt and vanilla in a small bowl.
4. Mix butter, oil, and sugars in a large bowl.
5. Stir in egg mixture until smooth.
6. Stir in flour mixture.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown, 12 - 15 minutes, and then transfer to a wire racks (for cooling).

1 comments:

Unknown Says:
June 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM

YUMMIE...I am an oatmeal fan and those look delicious:)

D copies down the recipe:)

Thank you so much!